Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
At Coastal Alabama Insurance, we strive to be an insurance agency for the 21st Century. So, we have worked diligently to create a system that allows you to shop your own auto insurance
and make sure you are properly covered for the lowest price. The process takes five minutes or so, and when you are done, one of our local, licensed agents will be in touch immediately to
make sure you understand all the costs and coverages. We are the only insurance agency in the State of Alabama with this system, and we are proud to introduce it to you.
INSERT PIC/HYPERLINK FOR https://app.xilo.io/client-app?companyId=252679?agency=Coastal-Alabama-Insurance-&-Financial-Services
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss in the event of an accident. It is a contract between you and your insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides the three following coverages:
- Property coverage: pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage: pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage: pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and, in some cases, lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any of your passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be very expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance an important financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay for claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)